Become a Member
G reetings in the name of our crucified, risen, and reigning Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Trinity Lutheran Church is a congregation of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS). As such, membership at Trinity is based on your confession/agreement with the teachings of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod as drawn from the Holy Scriptures (The Bible) and the Book of Concord (The Lutheran Confessions). As a result, there are four ways to become a member of Trinity:
- By Baptism: The Sacrament of Holy Baptism is for all people infants, children, or adults. (Matthew 28:19, Romans 3:23, 1 Timothy 2:4, 1 Peter 3:21) Children who have received the Sacrament of Holy Baptism at Trinity Lutheran Church are considered baptized members of Trinity who are under the spiritual care of the pastor. Adults who are not yet baptized can contact the church office by email or by calling 516.931.2225 and enrolling in our Adult Information Class and at the conclusion of the class may, at your choosing, receive the Sacrament of Holy Baptism.
- By Confirmation: Baptized members of Trinity can go through a three year period of catechetical instruction in the Christian faith beginning in sixth grade. At the end of this three year period, the youth may choose to undergo The Rite of Confirmation whereby they confess for themselves what their parents confessed for them at the time of their baptism.
- New and Re-New Members Class: If you are considering joining our busy, active, wonderful church, we invite you to join this adult information class! This class covers the basics of the Christian faith. It is intended for those who have not yet received Christ as their Savior. This class is offered multiple times throughout the year so watch for details or call the church office for more information.
- By Profession of Faith: Adults who are interested in becoming a member of Trinity may enroll in our New and Re-New Members Class. As mentioned above, it is an adult information class where in addition to the basics of the Christian faith, are taught what LCMS Lutherans believe, teach, and confess. If you come from a non-LCMS Lutheran congregation, this course will serve as a “refresher” in Lutheran doctrine, as well as a clarification of the differences between LCMS and other Lutheran denominations. Enrolling in our New and Re-New Mambers Class is easy; simply contact the church office by email or by calling 516.931.2225.
- By Letter of Transfer: If you are currently a member of another LCMS congregation you may request that your membership be transferred from your former LCMS congregation to Trinity. To do this, please contact your former congregation and ask for a “Letter of Transfer” to be sent to Trinity Lutheran Church, 40 W. Nicholai Street, Hicksville, NY.